The Toddler (2-3 year olds) Teacher is responsible for all aspects of the 2-3 year old classroom operations including planning and implementing a high quality, developmentally appropriate early childhood program, conducting assessment and developmental screening of the children, and training and supervising Assistant Teachers, Student Aides, Fieldwork Students, Interns, and Volunteers working in the classroom. The Toddler Teacher is responsible for communicating with and establishing partnerships with parents and serves as a positive, professional, and effective member of the Child Development Center Staff.
Posted Date: 07/14/2017
Job Category: Staff
Department: Child Development Center - HCDC
Position Status: Full-Time Staff
Salary Range: $37,045-$46,322
- Two - five years of teaching experience in an early child care and development setting
- Earned bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Effective and strong communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an
overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to operate PC and tablet devices.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
- Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Earned bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field
- Five plus years of teaching experience in an early child care and development setting
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Windows based programs, such as the
Microsoft Office Suite
Hours per Week: 40
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae