Student Success Coach In Residence
• The Student Success Coach In-Residence (SSC-IR) serves as the main point of contact for an assigned group of campuses. The Coach will counsel students at the campuses to achieve academic success. • The SSC-IR will attend student activities and events, motivate, assist with career guidance, and work closely with campuses to drive the enrollment process in order to help all students meet their educational goals. • SSC-IR will provide an extremely high level of customer service support to students via a variety of communication vehicles.
- Counsel and advise students in person, phone, email, text, and video chat / GoTo Meeting in an effort to drive and support enrollment and academic success.
- Collaborate with campus staff and other University departments to resolve problems by clarifying issues; exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems.
- Follow up to ensure resolution of every student query/issue.
- Provide basic curriculum advising to students.
- Collaborate and escalate potential issues with other SAS resources to provide students with necessary academic interventions for early alert, satisfactory academic progress plans, and other academic needs.
- Closely track students' progress, through communication and analytics, for each academic term, to ensure class attendance and academic progress.
- Identify at-risk students and determine potential issues and connect them to tutoring, and/or correct any existing issues.
- Work closely with the Career Services team to provide career preparation and resources at key points to assist students prior to graduation.
- Provide students with career services, as needed.
New Student Orientation and Onboarding
- Work closely with Admissions teams on campus to ensure proper student onboarding once the initial enrollment process is completed.
- Collaborate with campus staff to help facilitate New Student Orientation.
- An extensive amount of product knowledge is required for this job. This will include knowledge about academic programs, career services, tutoring, other student-facing resources, as well as knowledge in Oracle 360, Net Promoter Score, and customer service.
On Ground Activities
- Works closely with Campus staff to support student events on the campus(es).
- Works closely with Campus Directors and Learning Resource Center Managers to determine workshops needed by student body.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires some evening and weekend work
- Bachelor's degree required
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- At least 3 years' experience in an educational setting providing direct service to students or 3 year experience in a customer-service focused environment.
- Adult education experience preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Embrace and drive change
- Create a fun and informative environment for students and peers
- Be adventurous, creative and open minded
- Pursue self-development and learning
- Build open and honest relationships and partnership through excellent verbal and written communication
- Be part of a positive team
- High energy; passionate about student success
- Commitment to excellence in providing student services
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to working in collaborative environment, alongside other team members
- Full computer proficiency in all Microsoft products
- Able to easily navigate other software programs and forms of technology as needed.
- Data Entry Skills
- Listening, phone skills
- Public speaking
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.