Estimator / Project Manager
Shoemaker Trucking & Excavating Inc. Is looking to hire a full time Estimator/ Project Manager that will prepare and maintain documents for construction, manage the contract with the customer, facilitate construction activities and increase estimates and sales within $50,000-$750,000. Estimator will also need to provide accurate takeoff from structural/architectural blueprints; considering all available documentation, and compiling a reasonable scope of work. Must be detail oriented and be able to stay on top of numerous different projects at a time.
Responsibilities / What Will Be Expected
-Perform detailed site work take off for demolition, site prep, earth work, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water line, paving, concrete and all other aspects of commercial site work for projects in the $50,000-$750,000 range.
- Manage and produce conceptual and hard estimates for the pre-construction phases, including schematic, design development and construction document estimates.
- Prepare detailed estimates, scope sheets and takeoff sheets on computer.
- Responsible for all quantity take-off of materials for building estimates.
- Responsible for purchasing all suppliers and subcontractors. Lead scope review meetings with individual subcontractors.
- Communication with field team.
- Meet with potential clients, subcontractors and engineers to determine the scope of work.
- Must be able to meet bid deadlines.
- Actively participate in molding and shaping the company for the future.
What You Need for this Position
- Minimum of five years of experience both estimator and in working in the field.
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Excellent planning, organizing, scheduling and follow-up skills.
- Estimating, Bidding, Construction, Commercial Construction
- Successful applicant must demonstrate proficiency in the use of estimating takeoff (Viewpoint for estimating experience is a plus)
- Knowledgeable regarding all aspects of commercial site work
- Experience reading blue prints and performing accurate supply and material take off
- Familiar with DOT requirements
- Computer skills including; Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, Viewpoint Estimating Software
- Strong personal character and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Microsoft Excel
- View Point
Since 1990 we been successfully serving the Southern Lancaster County, building trustworthy relationships with local residents and commercial businesses. We are a family owned and operated small business, and take pride in providing our customers with the best service. We meet the needs of commercial, agricultural, and residential work.
We specialize in; Dump Truck Services, Excavating Contractors, Equipment Hauling and Over Size Loads, Septic System Installation, Commercial Snow Removal, Demolition, and more! Our equipment includes; Backhoes, Track hoes, Mini hoes, Skid loaders, Concrete breakers, and Rollers.
Mon, 26 Jun 2017 11:54:12 PDT