Landscape Construction Foreman
We're growing. We're hiring. Come join our team.
If you are a hard working landscape crew member there's a good job waiting for you at Lambert's now. We pay top wages and offer a pleasant work environment with others who love what they do.
POSITION: Landscape Construction Foreman
STARTING: Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
COMPANY INFORMATION: Lambert's Landscape Company servicing the Park Cities and Ft. Worth neighborhoods. An innovator in the garden services industry since 1919. Visit www.lamberts.net for more Information.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Foreman is responsible for leading the crew, planning the day to day activities of the crew, and driving the crew to achieve project goals within the budgeted time and material constraints. The foreman works with the project manager to determine best approaches at producing the intended work each week, and informs the project manager of when certain materials will be needed. The Foreman is responsible for reporting the crew's time, delegating the necessary work amongst the crew. The Foreman reports directly to the Project manager, and is to take the ultimately plan of attack from him.
• Understand, abide by, and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Develop new techniques and practice methods to improve production and meeting project goals.
• Complete job layout with minimal assistance.
• Demonstrate the ability to run large projects including subcontractor coordination with limited assistance.
• Demonstrate the ability to give various options when field adjustments are needed.
• Move, place, store, and protect construction materials.
• Perform all tasks with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to safely operate landscape related equipment, both large, small, and rental equipment.
• Assume responsibility for the truck, trailer, its operation and cleanliness.
• Train coworkers on proper equipment usage, maintenance, and safety.
• Be responsible for the correct tool selection, supplies, and machinery on the job.
• Insure all material that is needed for the job is loaded on the truck before leaving the facility each day.
• Depict and maintain a professional approach depicting politeness, proper etiquette, and style.
• Be a living example of politeness, proper etiquette, and style.
• Instruct others in techniques to improve quality.
• Accept final responsibility for quality.
• Report accidents, near misses, fill out accident reports and make recommendations for safe practices whenever a dangerous situation arises.
• Demonstrate safe operation of tools and equipment, maintain a safe job site and require safe practices by subcontractors.
• Required to understand the flow of Standard Operating Procedures and utilize all technology tools and system platforms required for the role.
• Responsible for Lambert's process efficiencies, improvements and quality of work.
• Safeguard Company assets and communication devices.
• Perform the scope of one's role and responsibilities in accordance with Lambert's Core Values.
A minimum of 3 years landscape industry experience is required. 5 years' experience is preferable. Working knowledge of plant materials, planting techniques, and construction techniques.
Training and Certifications:
No specific training is needed to fill the position. Certification in equipment operation will need to be acquired while in the position.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
Demonstrate the ability to represent the company in the highest professional manner at all times.
Ability to perform physically intense work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Ability to safely and effectively operate typical landscape construction equipment as well as trucks and trailers as required to transport materials, personnel and equipment.
Must be able to produce work within a predetermined budget as well as prioritize tasks to ensure client satisfaction and job deadline.
Important Qualities and Characteristics:
Must be punctual, demonstrate good attendance, schedule days off and promote the vision of Lambert Landscape Company. Be able to arrive on time and ready to work by 7:00 a.m.
Physically capable of traveling alone to various job sites.
Capable of translating technical information and a broad view of expected results to a focused and specific assignment.
Capable of producing a productive, goal-oriented work process by motivating and leading other people in a supportive, coaching manner.
When the Lambert brothers came to Dallas to plant the city's first azaleas, they knew they were in a special place. Since our founding as the city's first landscape architectural firm, and for nearly a century as an integrated landscape services company, Lambert Landscape Company has continued to design and care for gardens as special as they are personal and emotional extensions of the cities and residences we call home.
Beauty and stewardship go hand in hand and our efforts to do both well is what we do best. We leave a softer, gentler footprint through water and resource conservation, cistern programs, organic applications, and non-toxic nutritional processes. Organic for 30 years, Lambert's believes that environmentally responsible landscapes are not only healthier but more beautiful. And that by restoring the ecological harmony and longevity to the gardens themselves, they will bring enduring value to our families and the world in which we live.
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 14:18:51 PDT