Senior Software Engineer
Special Operations Solutions, LLC (SOS):
Founded in 2008, SOS provides technical and engineering solutions for airborne, ground, and maritime systems. SOS has significant experience developing, testing, and deploying various platforms, including fixed wing, rotary wing, lighter-than-air, and unmanned aerial systems. SOS also specializes in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), providing engineering solutions, consulting, and training for all phases of the ISR lifecycle.
SOS has positions available for Software Developers and a lead designer to create and maintain software development projects with various customers and assist with software development for SOS products and services in support of ISR missions. Candidate will work with systems that fuse SIGINT, HUMINT and IMINT from multiple sources into a single view of the battlespace. Experience with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop product for aerial and ground surveillance video management, full motion video (FMV) processing software, and change detection processing for counter-IED applications is required. Primary duties will include expertise in all levels of the Software Development Lifecycle activities:
• Conduct requirements analyses and specifications
• Define database requirements for information systems
• Evaluate, design, program, test, debug, verify and validate, implement, support and maintain and/or modify software for both new and existing infrastructure or administrative applications
• Design and oversee development projects, software testing, and maintain computer programs using
advanced software programming and/or scripting languages, techniques and standards.
• Develop prototypes, architectural models, test plans; establish test databases; and conduct alpha tests and coordinate beta tests of new or modified applications based on industry best standards and procedures for testing and review.
• Review and evaluate technological developments in hardware, software, and telecommunications for applicability to current or future requirements.
Candidate will collaborate with sales, business development and program management teams to understand customer requirements, promote the sale of company products, and provide software support. Candidate will be expected to maintain technical understanding and familiarity with SOS products and services.
Work location will be in the Tyson's Corner/Northern Virginia area but employee may also be required at SOS's production facility located in Harrisonburg, VA.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support both the evolution and continued development of existing applications and the design and delivery of new applications in an agile environment
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design, develop, deploy, configure, document and debug software, while properly escalating issues to meet deadlines
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development lifecycle, and ensure reuse of code
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Troubleshoot and debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Coordinate with QA for end to end unit testing and post production testing
- Experience/skills in video (h.264/klv) and/or augmented reality
Desired Skill Set and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Must have at least 0-3 years' experience working through the design, development, testing, release cycle and delivering software products.
- Must have demonstrated experience directly developing RESTful API's.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in the development effort while also providing innovative and creative solutions.
- Ability to run with an idea or solution and create opportunities to see the product succeed.
- Vision for what needs to be done, without specific direction.
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual and with a team.
- Strong understanding of the software development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Strong understanding of the agile software development methodologies and principles.
- Strong understanding of and desire to implement continuous delivery and integration within the development life-cycle.
- Willingness and ability to dive into technical issues within environments.
- High command of verbal and written English and able to clearly communicate design, architecture, implementations and requirements.
- Self-motivated, self-managed.
- Team-player, action & results-focused.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience in aerospace or defense industry is preferred.
• May require some domestic and OCONUS travel
Required Technical Experience:
• JAVA 7+
• C and C++
• Spring (Dependency Injection)
- Hibernate, Hibernate/JPA
- REST Services
- General SQL/Database experience
- Jenkins Build Tool
- Organized multitasker
- Motivated self-starter able to handle tasks with little to no direction
- Comfortable working long hours to meet customer deadlines
- Current passport
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance, if required
SOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SOS is a minority-owned, small disadvantaged business, providing solutions for federal government and commercial clients worldwide. SOS specializes in delivering services and products for the C5ISR, geospatial intelligence, aviation, and information technology communities. We operate globally, having deployed personnel to multiple locations in the Middle East, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 13:02:50 PDT