Athletics Operations Assistant, OSC
Job Title Athletics Operations Assistant, OSC
The Athletics Operations Assistant, OSC, conducts and organizes routine work activities to the Outdoor Sports Complex (OSC). Provides administrative support to the Director, Business Operations and other staff members.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years of administrative support experience to include data entry, scheduling, and customer service.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and Outlook).
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience working in a higher education setting or Division I intercollegiate athletics environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Banner and Gulfline systems.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills.
Ability to operate office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, and calculator.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Ability to perform basic mathematical operations with accuracy.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an effective manner.
Ability to interpret and apply rules, policies, and procedures applicable to the Athletic Department.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations in order to meet deadlines.
Salary Range $14.37 - $15.33 hourly ($30,000 - $32,000 annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Provides a friendly, welcoming, and customer service-oriented environment. Greets visitors and routes to appropriate persons. Answers and responds to incoming calls, take messages and routes to appropriate staff.
•Maintains appointment calendars and schedules meetings. Organizes and coordinates meetings, conferences, and workshops including preparing materials, scheduling and setting up facilities, and arranging equipment. Prepares agendas, takes minutes of meetings, and provides summary reports.
•Assists with team and individual travel arrangements for the eleven (11) teams and staff members housed in the outdoor sports complex (OSC). Includes tracking expenditures and processing reimbursements.
•Assists with operational duties for the sports programs housed in the OSC. Coordinates the scheduling of the OSC hospitality suite. Communicates with the maintenance supervisor on field and facility repairs.
•Assists with OPS and part-time student employee payroll activation and timesheet processing. Performs routine bookkeeping tasks and maintains department budget records.
•Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and program equipment. Reports, prepares, and tracks equipment work orders.
•Coordinates with OSC staff and the Athletics Business Office to complete various reconciliation and reimbursement tasks.
•Maintains accurate data in electronic databases and generates summary reports for various audiences. Compiles and files all reports, records, and other documents as required. Manages the creation, handling, and storage of all records in accordance with applicable record retention guidelines.
•Receives, sorts, and distributes mail and other documents to department staff. Prepares correspondence, forms, and reports. Answers routine correspondence, drafts non-routine correspondence for review and approval.-
•Occasional coverage at the Athletics Department’s main reception area in Alico Arena.
•Performs other work job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS293P
Open Date 07/14/2017
Close Date 07/28/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have three (3) or more years of administrative support experience including data entry, scheduling, and customer service?
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and Outlook)?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214