The purpose of this position is to provide a high service level of program management and customer development skills to internal and external customers. Engineers all quality assurance issues with customers and multiple manufacturing facilities. Responsible for all aspects of new business development including cost, timing and successful product launches. This position requires a self-directed individual who works independently and is knowledgeable and effective with minimal guidance. Organizational skills and ability to present Fuyao North America in a positive manner to the customer are evident.
- Define quality into new products and processes through FMEA process.
- Actively negotiates with internal and external customers and reaches conclusions.
- Provide competitive information from any and all sources and makes appropriate recommendations based on findings.
- Interface with customer APQP/SQA engineers through new product introduction.
- Coordinate manufacturing quality issues with our customer and manufacturing facilities.
- Project management of new product development and responsibility for all development related costs including prototype and production tooling, racks, plant development costs, and start-up costs.
- Thoroughly understands purchasing procedure process and anticipates and handles any problems and questions pursuant to customer satisfaction.
- Thoroughly understands customer product approval systems and insures PPAP submissions meet customer time lines.
- Well versed in customer payment terms and Fuyao cash flow conditions.
- Phone calls are returned promptly and queries are anticipated and prepared for. Follow-up is a standard operating procedure.
- Handles sample requests efficiently and promptly. Receptive to customer queries and acts accordingly.
- Prepares quote packages by gathering accurate information and systematically compiling a professional package that meets customer expectations and demonstrates Fuyao commitment.
- Thoroughly comprehends Fuyao and customer's development order systems.
- Achieves implementation of cost reduction opportunities, product changes, and product improvement changes.
- Manage assigned design programs to meet required customer and organizational goals and objectives, using available resources, from initial concept through start of production.
- Plan and schedule project timelines to meet major milestones, communicating and handling any potential risks to program outputs.
- Provide direction and support to program team (Fuyao North America and China), including scheduling meetings, updating Open Issues list, and any other project-related information.
Fuyao Automotive North America Incorporated (FANA) is in the general warehousing and glass manufacturing industry in Plymouth MI. We provide automotive glass for the North America market and currently have glass manufacturing relationships with some of the top automotive manufacturers in North America including GM, Honda, Chrysler, Kia, BMW and Hyundai. We operate several production lines for a variety of vehicle models from each of these automotive manufacturers.
Our Parent Company
Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co. Ltd. (FYG) is a leading international manufacturer of automotive and industrial glass located in the Republic of China. The company has been listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange since 1993 and employs more than 8,000 people in China, Hong Kong, Europe, Australia, Russia and the United States. Being the largest automotive glass supplier in China, FYG controls over 60% share of Chinese OEM market and over 30% share of Chinese replacement market. Fuyao customers in China are some of the leading automotive manufacturers in the world including GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Audi, Volkswagen, Citroen, and Mercedes-Benz to name a few.
Lake Orion, MI
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:27:06 PDT