Trainer, Business Operations
General Statement of Job
To design and lead engaging, effective, and innovative training solutions to educate stakeholders through improved processes, systems implementation, and college-wide initiatives.
Location Service Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Professional 3/122 ($46,383.00 - $66,261.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Director, Business Processes and Initiatives Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Instructional design models, strategies, and best practices.
- Research methodologies and techniques.
- Business acumen to effective translate technology solutions to business processes.
- Developing and conducting engaging and effective training.
- Learning Management Systems.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Communicating complex information in a clear, organized, and concise manner, using written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office, Google for Education, Adobe.
- Authoring software to deliver multimedia presentations, video streaming, and e-learning materials.
- Webpage editors, graphic software, and basic HTML.
- Web conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts, Web Ex, and Adobe Connect.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two or more years work experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Instructional Design, Education, or related field.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Works safely and follows safety rules. Reports unsafe working conditions and behavior. Takes reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.