Assessment Clerk/Test Proctor
General Statement of Job
Performs a variety of complex clerical duties. Administer, proctor, and score exams. Maintain integrity of the test process and security of the exam.
Location Pinnacle Hours 19 hours/week, varies Salary $11.00/hr FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Assessment Center Supervisor Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- May work evenings
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Practices and principles of testing procedures and prioritizing work flow.
- Various types of filing systems.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to interact effectively with the public.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Operating copying, duplicating, and other office equipment.
- Accurately maintaining filing systems.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software application.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two years or more related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate degree.
- Current and future Austin Community College (ACC) students may not apply for this position.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 10-50 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, and/or Ellucian Colleague software.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.