Director, Institutional Analytics
General Statement of Job
Responsible for providing leadership and supervision of institutional data analytics, including descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive statistics for identifying strategic priorities and determining the effectiveness of strategic and operational plans aimed at student success.
Location Highland Business Center
Note: To Be Determined Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm with some evenings and weekends. Salary Manager 3/125 ($56,379.00 - $80,541.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Associate Vice President, Student Success & Analytics Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Institutional research and institutional analytics, including technology applications, project planning, development and implementation of data analytics efforts.
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data for data-informed decision-making.
- Project management and continuous quality improvement.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong analytical, research, planning, organizational, problem-solving skills with ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects under stringent deadlines, and respond to changing priorities.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem solving.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Exercising critical judgement, leadership and creativity.
- Querying and extracting data from large databases.
- Producing data reports from complex data sets.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency using standard office software applications, including Excel.
- Proficiency using software applications to conduct data analysis, data extraction, and reports development, including but not limited to SAS, SPSS, SQL.
Required Work Experience
- Three years related work experience including one year supervisory experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Three or more years direct experience working in data analytics in higher education.
- Bachelors degree.
- Master's degree in statistics or other related analytics field.
- Doctorate degree in higher education administration, higher education leadership, or community college leadership.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, manual dexterity.
- Work is performed in a standard office setting.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Supervises safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.