Graduate Program Specialist and Academic Advisor - Department of Computer Science (A1700427)
Graduate Program Specialist and Academic Advisor
Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Computer Science is seeking a Graduate Program Specialist & Academic Advisor to support the administrative functions and advising operations of the department's graduate programs.
Primary duties include the following:
- Advise applicants and potential applicants to the graduate programs in Computer Science in matters pertaining to admissibility and application procedures.
- Communicate with admitted graduate students to facilitate the admission process.
- Support orientation activities for newly admitted students and assist in their smooth transition to the program.
- Work with other graduate academic advisors and other office staff in advising Computer Science graduate students on curriculum, registration, and the fulfillment of degree requirements.
- Implement processes to ensure timely communication of university announcements and information to graduate students.
- Maintain a familiarity with departmental and university admissions policy requirements and procedures and ensure graduate program policies are in compliance with those of the University.
- Primary responsibility is to oversee the application process with regard to departmental admission goals.
- Communicate with on-campus and external partners in the daily operations of the graduate programs.
- Develop/compile/maintain statistics pertinent to the Department's graduate programs.
- Assume additional appropriate duties to further the mission of the Department.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least two years of experience in providing student academic support in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working independently, and as part of a team, while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage diverse activities.
- Must be highly organized and be able to work under multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Master's degree in Higher Education or related field.
- Experience working with multiple teams, including external partners and vendors.
- Knowledge about online education and technology.
- Ability to use technical tools to communicate with students and manage a large volume of student records.
The Graduate Program Specialist & Academic Advisor position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by July 28, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Denise Corray, firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-300-3309 .
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Graduate Program Specialist and Academic Advisor - Department of Computer Science (A1700427)
Open Date: 07/14/2017
Close Date: 07/28/2017
Organization Name: Computer Science