Director, Finance Transformation
Working Title: Director, Finance Transformation
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Financial Operations
Posting Date: 07-14-2017
The University of Virginia is recruiting for a Director, Finance Transformation. Working closely with leaders across Grounds and a project team, the Director, Finance Transformation is charged with leading the planning phase of the University's Finance Transformation project.
This position will report directly to the AVP Financial Operations with an indirect reporting line to the AVP Financial Planning & Analysis.
The UVAFinance team recently adopted a vision to become the valued and trusted financial partner that the University community turns to first. The success of the Finance Transformation project is integral to achieving this vision. The Director, Finance Transformation must represent the UVAFinance core values: to be (1) an impeccable source of information and (2) a collaborative partner; to provide (3) service excellence and (4) innovative action; and to lead (5) valued, high-performing teams.
Some of the key project accountabilities are as follows:
- Project Planning: Establish and manage project planning including but not limited to the managing the discovery process, building a project plan (schedule, risks, budget), developing a business case, identifying resource needs, shepherding the initiative through the portfolio gating project, stakeholder engagement and establishing project change control and decision-making.
- Finance Service Delivery: Evaluate current state finance service delivery model and propose plan for future state finance service delivery model, inclusive of internal controls framework, chart of accounts, procurement, accounting/chart of accounts, planning and analysis, accounts receivable and payable, labor distribution and effort management.
- Finance Technology: Complete planning for the technology implementation of cloud based finance solution, including how to integrate three core finance systems and prepare finance data from multiple systems for conversion.
- Project Governance: Develop a new organization design and establish the project governance model.
- Change Management: Work with UVAFinance training and communications staff to address the change management, communication and training needs of employees who will be impacted by this project and galvanize the service culture within finance while challenging current norms/behaviors.
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $125,000-$150,000 and is commensurate upon qualifications.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at https://jobs.virginia.edu, posting #0621310.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strategic Vision: A proven leader, who is decisive and successfully led large, complex projects (including significant process, technology and people readiness activities), understanding project connection to the University vision.
Commitment to action: Strong bias towards action and a high degree of initiative, balancing the need to be transparent and broadly engage the University community with a sense of urgency, accountability and commitment to completion.
Innovator: Focused on organizational excellence and solutions; anticipate issues, break down barriers and utilize a creative problem-solving approach to remedy quickly.
Communicator: An influencer, who is patient, persistent, persuasive and tactful; utilize written and verbal communications are clear, responsive, timely, and professional.
Collaborator: Establish and maintain highly collaborative and trusted working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds across Grounds; engender trust and credibility among stakeholders.
Team Builder: creates a shared vision and an environment for high performance. Work well in formal or informal teams, valuing and respecting diversity in people, opinions, and experiences.
Service excellence: Committed to achieving change across all levels of an organization by enhancing service, improving processes, adopting best practices, and eliminating non-value-added activities.
Impeccable source of information: Source of accurate, consistent, and reliable information; policy-minded focus with outstanding critical thinking and judgment skills; attention to detail.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82303