Construction Project Manager
Working Title: Construction Project Manager
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 07-14-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Construction Project Manager promotes quality workmanship and improves production of Project Services workforces by coordinating the work efforts of various trades, interprets blueprints and specifications, develops construction schedules and oversees procurement activities. This position services every part of the University including but not limited to; academic, health system, and athletic facilities. This position is expected to obtain the highest value return for every dollar spent. This position provides quality customer service and value through effective and productive construction project management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent project management skills and a strong knowledge of contract administration procedures & their relationship with the state procurement regulations.
2. Excellent customer service, project management, construction contractor management.
3. Proficiency at writing contracts & correspondence, developing negotiation strategy, preparing change orders, and preparing reports.
4. Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, customers and team members to convey information.
5. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
6. Ability to review and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, sketches, diagrams and specifications.
7. Ability to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis during emergencies. Ability to work an adjusted schedule as needed to meet deadlines.
8. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82302