Director of VCDPE
Working Title: Director of VCDPE
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Posting Date: 07-14-2017
The Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at the University of Virginia, is seeking an Education and Outreach Manager within the School of Medicine.
This candidate will be the Director for the Virginia Center for Diabetes Prevention and Education (VCDPE) and will direct and coordinate the staff of the VCDPE to carry out the responsibilities in accordance with the mission of the center which is to improve the quality and accessibility of care for persons in Virginia at risk for, with prediabetes and diabetes; provide educational programs and resources for persons at risk for, with prediabetes; serve as a resource for diabetes and health care professionals providing diabetes care and education, based on current research and best practices.
The selected candidate must demonstrate leadership skills; be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to develop and implement projects and programs, often working with multiple partner agencies and organizations; learn new software applications as needed; and travel, as necessary, both day and/or overnight, in Virginia and USA.
Master's Degree required, PhD preferred. Certification in diabetes education (CDE) also a strong consideration.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
For additional information regarding the position, please contact Joyce Green Pastors via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the application process, please contact Nicole Trice via email at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work independently and with the general public.
2. Ability to design, manage, implement, and deliver educational programs.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in daily interactions.
4. Ability to manage several competing activities simultaneously.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information.
7. Ability to work with senior leaders.
8. Knowledge of University programs and state and federal policies and regulations.
9. Ability to lead, motivate and assess teams.
10. Demonstrated leadership skills.
11. Ability to travel as necessary both day and or overnight within Virginia and domestically.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82305