Working Title: HVAC Mechanic
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 07-14-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
HVAC MECHANICS perform journey level installation, maintenance, servicing, overhauling and repair on a variety of equipment including water fountains (coolers), ice machines, refrigerators, freezers, and walk in boxes in support of zone maintenance. A high school diploma is required along with at least four years of experience in the HVAC trade.
Additionally, to be considered, candidates MUST have the HVAC journeyman license. Please ensure you have listed this license under the Licenses section of your application.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively.
2. Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
3. Ability to read and understand schematics.
4. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
5. Working knowledge of the installation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC equipment.
6. Knowledge and skill in hand tools and diagnostic equipment employed in maintenance and repair of HVAC equipment
7. Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC refrigeration equipment.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82300