Engineering Superintendent - NY & PA
American Plant Maintenance, LLC. located in Boston MA is a growing mechanical service company. We are committed to finding opportunities for energy conservation through steam system surveys, repairs and other specialized projects. We are currently looking for an Engineering Superintendent to provide a high level of service to our customer base and increase our capabilities with our customers. This position will be responsible for servicing New York City, Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
- Self-motivated professional with strong troubleshooting and repair abilities.
- Experience with steam systems or industrial plumbing background preferred.
- Complete hands-on piping and repairs based on findings.
- Ability to utilize ladders and will need to crawl in confined spaces. Some lifting required.
- Comfortable with some overnight travel throughout the Northeast and CT, NY & NJ.
- Computer competency is a must. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and Smartphone Apps.
- Perform scheduled Surveys and Repairs as needed.
- Training of all field staff in territory.
- Quality control & field safety oversight.
- Review customer facilities for additional services.
- Project management/superintendent of special projects.
- Support engineering department with Technical and Administrative support as applicable.
- Write detailed reports of onsite findings.
- Identify new service offerings.
Required Skill set:
- 4 Year Engineering Degree/ Experience can be substitute for higher education.
- 2-4 years of steam system or industrial experience.
- Computer aptitude and knowledge of Microsoft Office. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a cornerstone of all engineering field reports and quotes.
- Excellent customer service.
- Open for continuous professional development
- "Can do" attitude
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- OSHA 10 Required (may be obtained once employed)
Full Time Position Available Immediately
-Paid Travel Time & Meal Allowance
-Company Phone Provided
-Tools and equipment provided
This position requires an organized, self motivated individual with a keen sense of urgency as well as the ability to handle many tasks at once. Travel will be required to cover all of APM's accounts in the territory. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. Compensation plan includes health insurance, vacation, holidays, PTO, yearend bonus plan, and participation in a 401k.
American Plant Maintenance is the premier steam trap survey and repair company in the U.S. We perform unbiased steam trap surveys and recommend the best solutions for our clients independently of their steam trap manufacturer of choice.
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 13:00:10 PDT