Digital Humanities Developer
Requisition # 2017-7530
Department Library - Main
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 5 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The DH Developer will promote the work of CDH through workshops and other outreach activities including attending national and international conferences on Digital Humanities and relevant technologies.
This position qualifies for 20% R&D time on a project chosen in consultation with the Lead Developer.
- Build, test, debug, and document software designed to support research in the digital humanities. Estimate effort on software projects. Serve as technical lead on CDH projects as appropriate to skills and expertise.
- Hold consultations with members of Princeton community to scope work and suggest technologies for non-CDH project work.
- Teach workshops, write blog posts, and promote the work of CDH to Princeton campus and larger DH communities.
- Work on research and development projects related to pushing the boundaries of digital humanities development. Projects to be chosen in consultation with CDH Lead Developer.
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks
- experience with version control
- ability to write clear documentation
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Knowledge of template frameworks and styling tools (such as SASS/Bootstrap/Bourbon)
- Familiarity with Python or another high-level scripting language
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with RESTful APIs and various data stores and tools such as: relational databases, XML databases, graph databases; Solr or elasticsearch; RDF and XML
- Experience working on and contributing to open source software projects
- Familiarity with humanities research
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.