Pick Department Manager
Bakery Express of Central Texas
1301 Ridgeview Dr. Suit 400 Lewisville TX
We are currently hiring 2nd Shift Picking Manager. The primary function is to oversee the picking and shipping of BECT Baked Goods in a specified area of accountability, while assuring adherence to established Food Safety standards; and maintaining a safe work environment in a regulatory compliant fashion. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. Be prepared to fill out applications and talk to employer.
Essential Job Functions:
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet daily production needs as listed in daily projection and actual VTS downloaded orders.
- Assure that all products are produced according to established Bakery Express mixing I formulation I and handling procedures.
- Suggest •modifications, create or improve on existing procedures if quality, productivity or Food Safety is improved.
- Assure that all necessary checks and documentation are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assure that all necessary pick audits and documentation are completed daily.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback as needed.
- Provide direction, counsel, and motivate Bakery Express Pick employees, uniformly enforcing all BECT policies and procedures while completing all pick manager tasks.
- Provide timely feedback to the Plant Manager.
- Provide direct feedback and work with Packaging Manager and Production Manager to assure unfettered lines of information flow, and foster a team work environment with those managers.
- Provide Production Manager with accurate employee scheduling changes, counseling statements and time card exceptions.
- Provide unfiltered feedback to the Plant Manager of any ongoing problems, projects when requested.
- Directly manage pick operations daily.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and enjoyable production environment for all Bakery Express employees on the second shift.
This motivated manager will possess the following experience, abilities, and skills:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage and direct people in a positive fashion, but provide disciplinary counsel as needed.
- Display a positive and pro-company demeanor, and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Must have the ability to continuously walk, stand, push, pull, bend and reach to pack orders.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift objects up to 30 pounds; Mixer Must have the ability to frequently lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Perfect Attendance A+; reliable transportation.
- Must maintain a good working environment, (safety, quality, cleanness and productivity).
- Must pass a drug screening.
- May be exposed to flour dust, ingredient allergens, moderate noise, and hazards normally associated with conveyor belt and operations of equipment.
- Required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as workload demands.
Manufacturer of Baked Goods
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 06:53:51 PDT