- Plans, supports, and implements total quality programs. Defines scope, plans, organizes, leads and directs technical work and departmental efforts related to quality engineering activities for new and existing programs.
- Designs, specifies, and installs quality control sampling systems, testing mechanisms, and equipment. Formulates and/or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures and development of quality standards.
- Monitors and controls costs, timing, and other related aspects of projects. Develops cost quotations related to specifications, test equipment, and gauge requirements and communicates information to appropriate parties. Understands and adheres to schedule and budgetary requirements of projects. Reports progress as required.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates activity of internal and external resources. Serves as a resource by providing a problem solving function by initiating action to overcome obstacles as they are encountered and prevent potential quality problems.
- Assists internal and external contacts to resolve product and process problems. Investigates and solves manufacturing-related problems in assigned area using formal problem-solving tools.
- Analyzes and develops suppliers products to obtain maximum productivity and reviews performance in operation and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, implements and administers new and/or existing quality assurance processes. Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques in each situation respectively.
- Performs other duties as necessary. May supervise and provide work direction to other staff.
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:44:22 PDT