Experienced Electrical Engineer with capabilities in digital and analog design, layout and test.
Job Duties Responsibilities:
- Systems development taking an instrument from concept to delivery.
- Support development of NASA instrumentation including electronics design in both the digital and analog domains.
- Specifically looking for someone with experience developing around various detector systems, and moving from low level analog into the digital domain.
- Broad responsibilities include design, board layout including signal integrity issues with high speed logic and also low-level analog, and test.
- Circuit analysis including PSpice and/or LTSpice.
- Parts Stress Analysis and part derating.
- Cognizant engineer for the entire life cycle of boards and systems.
B.S. or higher degree in electrical/electronic engineering and computer
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analog and digital circuit design, with emphasis in working with detector systems.
- Knowledge of operation of electronic test equipment DMMs, power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc..
- Strong debugging skills and be proficient at diagnosing problems at the interface level of a complex spacecraft environment.
- Understanding of communications protocols e.g., SpaceWire, custom LVDS synchronous serial interfaces, RS-422 asynchronous interfaces, and TCP I/P.
- Experience working with flight hardware and developing all the processes necessary for designing, building and testing NASA flight hardware.
- Microsoft office, Verilog and/or VHDL, exposure to scripting languages Python, Perl, CSTOL, Matlab.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Present findings at meetings and in presentations.
- Familiarity with NASA EEE Parts Selection, and experience with EEE-INST-002.
- Knowledge of IPC 601x, 222x, J-STD-001ES, and NASA 8739.x documents.
Due to U.S. Export Control Regulations, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Previous experience in the design and analysis of spacecraft and flight instrument electrical and electronic systems is highly desired.
- Programming of various test equipment protocols, whether C, C++, Labview, etc.
- Creating system diagrams and drawings in Visio or similar software.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732177