Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Flexible Pending Season
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Athletic Trainer to join our team.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the success of student athletes health and well-being as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of student athlete prevention of injury, rehabilitation, and treatment plans for injured student athletes.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Athletic trainer for an assigned team(s) and works conjunctively with all student-athletes as needed.
* Present for all practices, home competitions, and travel.
* Supervises GA's and/or student trainers from the standpoint of treatments, rehab, sport coverage, practice preparation, and game management.
* Communicates with coaches, strength staff, and other administrators regarding student-athlete injuries, limitations, and rehabilitation plans.
* Organizes and supervises physical examinations and medical records concerning all sports; manages paperwork and documentation for assigned teams.
* Provides and prescribes proper physical therapy and rehabilitative exercises for injured student-athletes; assists with diagnosis of injuries.
* Assures proper game and practice coverage of athletic teams by GA's and student trainers.
* Maintains current knowledge of health care needs of student-athletes; expands and enhances the entire circle of care for athletes.
* Counsels student-athletes in proper rehab and at-home medical care practices.
* Recommends and coordinates athlete visits with doctors and physicians as needed for injuries.
* Maintains adequate records of treatment of student-athletes and medicines stocked by Athletic Department.
* Other sports medicine duties and assignments as recommended by Athletic Director, Executive Staff, and/or Head Coaches.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
* Valid Texas athletic training license.
* Texas Athletic Trainer's License
* BOC Certification
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting