FOH Shift Supervisor
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets, which operate year round. Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What your key responsibilities will be:
This is a hands-on working position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operation to all FOH attendant positions that acts as Lead Service Manager in their absence. This position would, under the general supervision of the Lead Service Manager and Executive Sous Chefs, assign and coordinate the activities of food service workers involved in set-up, food and drink service. Maintains, ensures and is accountable for the cleanliness and proper functionality of the following areas and associated staff: food service preparation, beverage, dishwashing, dish return, courtesy stands, dining room and common areas. Provides input in the development of protocol for service standards. Assigns and delegates staff members to required areas based on flow of service and need of operation. Ensures service quality, A9, food safety, and sustainability standards are all upheld and fully corrects non-compliance immediately. Determines break schedules for all of the aforementioned areas based upon organizational needs and staff schedules, all while offering excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
- Navigate customer complaints and make decisions in the best interest of the operation and its guests.
- Ensure all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures are followed during scheduled shifts and take corrective action when out of compliance, including creation of accurate labels, troubleshooting equipment and staff education.
- Conduct audits of efficiency and effectiveness and offer solutions to the Management Team.
- Assist in the creation of standardized operating procedures and training methods.
- Ensure all areas are set up and broken down in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Serve on the food safety response team and respond to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment.
- Assist in the culinary staff recruitment, training and onboarding process.
- Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of control and participate in measures to increase the empowerment response rate and overall score.
- Ensure employees follow assigned schedule, appropriate break times and follow proper procedures of requesting time off.
- Hold others accountable, following progressive discipline process. Discuss staff issues with the Management Team.
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills while coaching others to develop their communication skills.
Dining Operation Prep:
- Enforce and remain accountable for following all dining room Standard Operating Procedures in assigned area.
- Understand and utilize all production equipment in assigned facility.
- Place work orders as needed.
- Assist with ordering and receiving of product as needed.
- Successfully pass ServSafe and offers tutoring assistance to staff.
What you should know:
This position will be required to work nights and/or weekends.
What we can offer:
The anticipated salary for this position is $3,307 per month or $39,684 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be proactive. Be collaborative. Be positive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Three years of food service experience.
- Graduation from a culinary program may substitute for two years of experience.
- ServSafe certified and/or certificate appropriate for this position level or the ability to obtain ServSafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within six months of hire
- Must possess appropriate ServSafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with Campus Dining Services.
What you will need:
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Works well in a team driven environment
What we'd like you to have:
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Staff scheduling experience
- Current ServSafe certification
- Experience conducting employee performance evaluations
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10292.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Jul 19, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 23, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003485