Payroll Team Lead
Payroll Team Lead
Payroll Analyst Lead
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, with some flex and overtime as needed
The UNT System Business Service Center is home to several of the university system's shared and central services, including the Controllership and the Business Support Services department. These service groups provide all accounting, reporting, purchasing and business-service focused operations for all of the University of North Texas System component institutions. Areas of responsibility for these shared and central services include Payroll, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Student Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, and Procurement, among others. The University of North Texas System is comprised of: the University of North Texas (located in Denton), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (in Fort Worth), the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the University of North Texas System (downtown Dallas).
This position is located at the Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The Payroll Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Payroll Analyst Lead to join our team. Performs highly complex (senior-level) payroll work. Work involves planning, organizing, coordinating, and preparing payrolls; preparing payroll documents; and maintaining records of payrolls prepared, and payments issued. Assigns and supervises the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors the processing of monthly and semi-monthly payrolls.
* Maintains employee pay data, records pay data changes from source documents and interprets University policies and procedures, and State and Federal regulations affecting payroll procedures.
* Reviews and insures accurate computation of pay, conducts appropriate audits to ensure data integrity and compliance, and coordinates with internal departments as appropriate to resolve discrepancies.
* Analyzes and recommends solutions to address customer issues related to payroll and leave reporting.
* Represents organization by utilizing effective communication and customer service skills to serve customers and provide information and updates on changes and processes; provides helpful information and anticipates needs of organization to keep customers up to date and help them utilize the system.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills, including experience directly supervising others. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of effective supervisory methods and techniques and how to establish and maintain schedules
* Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinates
* Thorough knowledge of or ability to quickly learn applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to purchasing and payments.
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards for the area
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to keep detailed records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats
* Demonstrated ability in coordinating and supervising the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PeopleSoft experience
* Higher education experience
* State of Texas experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting