SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F, 8-5 w/ occasional overtime as needed, flex schedule as applicable
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to all of our institutions, such as a centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; UNT System administrative budget services, financial security services, and centralized administrative support services. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. UNTS Business Support Services is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated Buyer to join the Procurement Services team. This position is located at the UNTS Business Service Center in Denton.
The Business Support Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Buyer to join our team. The Buyer performs complex (journey-level) purchasing and procurement work. Work involves purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Ensures laws, policies, and applicable State purchasing guidelines are followed.
* Processes purchase orders, procurement card orders, requests for quotes, requests for bids; other purchasing.
* Ensures that all job processes are documented and updated, provides backup as needed within division and is able to fill in where needed to provide continuity of workflow; is cross-trained on tasks in other areas of Procurement.
* Stays abreast of all guidelines, standards, and processes for the entire organization.
* Acts as liaison with vendors, departmental purchasing representatives, and other constituents to ensure the procure to pay process is completed effectively and efficiently.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills, including experience directly supervising others. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge of or ability to quickly learn applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to purchasing and payments.
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards for the area
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to keep detailed records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats
* Demonstrated ability in coordinating and supervising the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State or other government purchasing experience.
* Experience using an automated procure-to-pay system
* Higher education experience.
* Certification from a professional purchasing
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting