Administrative Specialist III for the Office of Strategic Information and Effectiveness: INTERNAL P
Posting Number C874P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21512
Working Title Administrative Specialist III for the Office of Strategic Information and Effectiveness: INTERNAL POSTING
Position Number 12011
Department Walton College of Business
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page http://walton.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Administrative Specialist III for the Office of Strategic Information and Effectiveness will be charged with monitoring progress on projects, assisting with academic scheduling, providing general clerical office and procurement support, and other related duties as assigned.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Prior experience with BASIS, other than BASIS time clock
- Prior experience using UAConnect, in a non-student role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics
- Knowledge of computers and software applications
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports
- Ability to research and analyze related work program information
- Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week (schedule may vary based on department needs to includ occasional evenings/weekends for special events)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Donald W. Reynolds Center
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C112
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 07/19/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Jason Campbell, Walton HR Manager
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact
Special Instructions Summary
This posting is open only to current University of Arkansas employees, appointed or hourly, whose employee status can be confirmed in the Fayetteville payroll system.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting Yes
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current employee (including hourly) of the University of Arkansas?
- * If you answered 'yes' to the previous question, please provide your six-digit employee identification number (BASIS ID number).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you successfully completed and been awarded a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education?
- * Please briefly explain the BASIS functions, other than time clock, with which you have experience. If no such experience, please type "None."
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience using UAConnect in a non-student role?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status