Engineering Welcome Center Office Manager & STEM Prep Program Coordinator
Posting Number C868P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21453
Working Title Engineering Welcome Center Office Manager & STEM Prep Program Coordinator
Position Number 13425
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The University of Arkansas College of Engineering is the largest engineering program in the state of Arkansas. Over the past decade, the college has experienced unprecedented growth. Undergraduate enrollment has doubled since 2007, and total enrollment in the college now has over 4,000 students. The College of Engineering offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in nine engineering fields, as well as incorporating distance learning and interdisciplinary programs. Faculty in the college conduct research in many key areas, including electronics, energy, healthcare, nanotechnology, transportation and logistics.
Department Home Page http://engineering.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Engineering Welcome Center Office Manager and STEM Prep Program Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Undergraduate Recruitment, greatly contributes to the student centric environment by providing excellent customer service, performs administrative duties necessary to help maintain an effective and efficient Engineering Welcome Center, and coordinates initiatives for the STEM Preparation Program.
Some of the office manager duties include processing and maintaining the record keeping for purchasing, travel, reimbursement, requisition, new employee paperwork, and other administrative documents using appropriate university systems, managing/scheduling the 700 to 900 annual personalized engineering on-campus visits, acting as the direct supervisor for 3 to 5 hourly office assistants, maintaining office supplies, and managing the Engineering Career Awareness bookstore.
The STEMPrep duties requires some travel to help develop and maintain community college relationships to help recruit and enroll STEMPrep students. These duties include the recruitment and enrollment management of community colleges and their students by co-developing and maintaining articulation agreements with community colleges and helping with transfer student recruitment through site visits, publications and events.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in public administration, general business, or a related field
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- At least one year of experience in higher education or related area applicable to work performed
- Experience working collaboratively with highly-productive staff and teams
- Experience working with students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient skills with the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, listening, public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others
- Ability to work alone and also in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports
- Ability to research and analyze related work information
- Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate professional relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to travel representing the institution
- Ability to work with little direction and produce quality work
- Managerial ability to supervise staff and student interns
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes., The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment., The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, etc).
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule varies based upon department needs to include occasional evenings/weekends for STEMPrep meetings and other recruitment events)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Bell Engineering Center
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C115
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and sex offender registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 07/15/2017
Close Date 07/29/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date 09/01/2017
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your communication skills, organizational skills, and character traits you would bring to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you willing to travel on the behalf of the university and work irregular hours if needed?
- * Describe your administrative experience with purchasing office supplies, completing digital calendars, purchasing advertising space, and reserving/purchasing travel accommodations.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have demonstrated experience building and maintaining professional relationships?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Proof of Veterans Status