Associate/Professor and Program Director Occupational Therapy
Posting Number F293P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/18797
Working Title Associate/Professor and Program Director Occupational Therapy
Department Health, Human Performance, & Recreation
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 26,700 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Faculty
Appointment Percent 100
Salary Commensurate with education and/or experience
Campus, Office Location Fayetteville Campus - Health, Human Performance, & Recreation
Summary of Job Duties
This tenured Associate/Professor is the Director for the New Doctor of Occupational Therapy program and responsible for program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting; selection of faculty and staff; application for and maintenance of accreditation; and commitment to strategies for professional development. In addition to these program leadership duties, the Program Director will engage in teaching, service, and research.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Initially certified occupational therapist who holds a doctoral degree, not limited to occupational therapy/sciences, awarded by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body
- Academic and experiential qualifications and background consistent with and supportive of the mission of the department and the university's research intensive classification
- A minimum of eight years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy that includes experience in clinical practice, administrative experience, and scholarship
- At least three years of experience in a full-time academic appointment
- Experience with program planning and occupational therapy program accreditation procedures
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
- Drug screening
Does this position require a substance abuse test? Yes
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, MVR check, and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 05/06/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Anticipated Start Date 08/14/2017
Recruitment Contact Information
Fran Hagstrom Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, College of Education and Health Professions.
University of Arkansas
303 GRAD Building
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Special Instructions Summary
Completed applications received by May 15, 2017, will be assured full consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position.
Official transcripts will be required only from finalists.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
- List of Professional References
- Proof of Veterans Status
More searches like this
- Arts & Humanities Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Ethnic & Cultural Studies Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Education Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Child Development & Family Studies Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Health & Medical Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors