Undergraduate Student Affairs Assistant
Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Undergraduate Student Affairs Assistant
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 07/14/2017
Position Information: This position will support the department and act as Assistant to the Undergraduate Advisor. Conducts electronic communication with students and alumni via social media. Provides course support for faculty as directed by Supervisor. Under the general direction of the Department Chair, Undergraduate Advisor, and Academic Personnel Analyst in Chemistry, administers all aspects of the Undergraduate Student Affairs program. The primary areas of responsibility include: development and submission of course materials through CRAMS, communication with students and alumni, maintenance of the database of career opportunities, tracks undergraduate researchers and coordinates the nomination of students for awards; keeps records and compiles information needed for WASC accreditation, ACS approval and grant proposals; develops and disseminates newsletters; tracks and monitors the success of Chemistry alumni; serves as K-12 outreach coordinator. Coordinates department guest travel arrangements and purchase orders. Handles travel/entertainment and non-entertainment reimbursements; maintains copier codes, mailboxes and faculty directory. Processes web recharge requests. Provides back-up support and assistance to other Chemistry Department staff members as needed. Serves as Departmental Webpage and IT Coordinator responsible for webpage content, maintenance, upgrades. This position is budgeted up to a maximum of $48K depending on experience.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or other equivalent software, the Internet, e-mail messaging, web-based software and online student information systems. Administrative experience in an office environment
2. Demonstrated computer skills, including word processing, database maintenance, and spreadsheet software, and web research and applications. Familiarity with the use of web-based social media programs.
3. Ability to effectively, professionally, and tactfully interact and communicate, both verbally and in writing, with students, faculty, staff and visitors; skill in composing letters, memos, reports, newsletters and other written communication materials using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text-editing and proofreading skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and personnel in other campus units.
5. Demonstrated administrative experience in an office environment. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
6. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a busy work environment. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
7. Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
8. Skill in researching questions and making appropriate contacts for problem solving. Ability to find solutions to conflicting situations
9. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures and to extract, compile, analyze and present pertinent data effectively.
10. Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues. Skill in sharing workload and communicating effectively in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Knowledge of the applicable University of California governing areas related to the responsibilities of the position. Knowledge of department, organization, and University policies, procedures, and directives.
2. Experience with student academic program administration.
3. Knowledge of common University--specific computer application programs. Knowledge and experience using Banner, GradSIS and web page software, Workfront, iGrade, Live25.
4. Experience in newsletter and brochure development.
5. Prior student supervisory/advising experience. Experience in providing enrollment assistance to students.
6. Knowledge of the applicable UC regulations governing the responsibilities of the job including applicable federal laws such as Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
7. Ability to work effectively in a organization that is subject to constantly changing priorities, while demonstrating a commitment to excellent customer service.
8. Knowledge of Chemistry department course requirements
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview