Associate Chief of Staff
Functional Title Associate Chief of Staff
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Office of the Chancellor is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for the Associate Chief of Staff position.
The Associate Chief of Staff's primary responsibilities include:
- Serves as the Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees;
- Serves as the liaison to UNC System General Administration on matters related to the Board of Trustees and Board of Governors;
- Administrative support for the Chief of Staff on university projects; and
- Administrative support to the First Lady;
The Associate Chief of Staff will be responsible for the following:Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees (40%)*
- Organize annual Board meetings pursuant to the UNCG Board of Trustees bylaws;
- Work with Board Chair, Chancellor, and Chief of Staff to prepare materials, agendas, and remarks;
- Work with campus liaisons to organize committee meetings and materials;
- Manage all materials associated with the Board meetings;
- Prepare communications to and on behalf of the Trustees;
- Collaborate with the executive board and legal counsel to update and maintain bylaws;
- Develop and maintain university calendar for the Trustees;
- Collaborate with University Advancement on Trustee events; and
- Maintain Board of Trustees website.
Liaison to General Administration (5%)
- Attend system-wide meetings of Assistant Secretaries to the Board; and
- Liaison to Board of Governors members needing administrative support at UNCG functions.
Administrative Support to Chief of Staff (40%)
- Work with Chief of Staff to execute Chancellor-related projects (from meeting planning to briefings; and event planning to development of new initiatives);
- Work with Chief of Staff on special projects as assigned;
- Ensure that the Chief of Staff is properly briefed and prepared for all meetings and engagements;
- Track completion of special assignments/tasks assigned by the Chief of Staff;
- Assist Chief of Staff in maintaining Chancellor's website;
- Act as back up to the executive assistant as needed; and
- Maintain Chancellor's email.
Administrative Support to Chancellor's Spouse (10%)
- Work with Chancellor and Chief of Staff on UNCG development and community related activities associated with the Chancellor's spouse; and
- Prepare briefing materials.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities as assigned, in order to execute the mission of the University.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
Master's degree (or equivalent degree) is required.
- minimum of five years progressive administrative experience in support of executive management;
- people-oriented managerial skills;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- commitment to high professional and ethical standards.
- experience with executive communications;
- work history in higher education preferred; demonstrated ability to serve as the primary administrator for a senior level position;
- experience working with boards and board-related policy.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following:
1. Cover Letter
3. List of 3 References
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Org #-Department Chancellor's Office - 68801
Job Open Date 07/14/2017
Job Close Date 07/21/2017
Open Until Filled No
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu