Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Trades - Contributing
Position Number 998901
Position Classification Title Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Trades
Functional Title Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Trades - Contributing
Position Type Staff
Campus Enterprises is a unique, synergistic organization of innovative university business endeavors and services. It is committed to offering the campus community the highest possible quality services. Campus Enterprises responsibilities include Property Acquisition and Leasing, Dining Operations, Bookstore operations, Parking Operations and Campus Access Management, Motor Pool, Purchasing, Postal, Laundry, Vending, Spartan Card, and Collegiate Licensing. Auxiliary Services is the Maintenance department used to service and maintain the universities dining operations. We personally oversee all food service equipment and operations to guarantee the highest levels of service possible. The division believes the quality of the UNCG experience for our students, faculty, staff and environment is interdependent on our success, and meeting their needs by exceeding their expectations.
The Department is in need in accepting application materials for those interested in a Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Tradesman.
- 75% - A Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general building and equipment maintenance for Auxiliary Services working at a contributing level. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: general repair and maintenance of dining locations, equipment repair and maintenance, and lighting and preventative maintenance on equipment, and coordinating with dining operations.
- 10% - Facility inspections and evaluations will also be a part of the Maintenance Technicians role. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: periodic inspections of facilities and equipment, documentation of operational needs, recording of repair information, and making well informed recommendations to maintain high quality standards.
- 10% - Problem solving and a high attention to detail are also required by the Maintenance Technician. Trouble shooting and identifying operational issues are instrumental in coordinating a productive work plan to minimize disruption. All tasks must be accomplished with a high level of accuracy and professionalism while maintaining state guidelines and policies.
- The Maintenance Technician will be expected to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of applicable policies and procedures regarding all safety and Health Department guidelines.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK. SOME POSITIONS MAY REQUIRE SPECIAL LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION. OPTIONAL GUIDELINES: EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADE AREA RELATED TO THE AREA OF ASSIGNMENT MAY BE SUBSTITUTED ON A YEAR-FOR-YEAR BASIS.
Applicants should possess a working knowledge of Plumbing, electrical, controls, refrigeration, steam, gas systems, and a variety of food service equipment.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $30,000 - $33,563
Org #-Department Auxiliary Services - 57702
Work Hours of Position Standard hours are 8 A.M - 5 P.M, Monday-Friday
Job Family Operations and Skilled Trades
Band Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical
Competency Level Contributing
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Knowledge - Technical
Performs a limited variety of recurring and related tasks/functions using easily understood steps/processes/functions/ applications to perform corrective and preventive maintenance or construction of facilities. Provides technical assistance to others by troubleshooting simple facilities maintenance issues and determining their cause. More complex issues are typically referred to a higher level technician. Skilled at operating basic tools and equipment of assigned trade(s).
Identifies facilities-related maintenance problems and implements standard courses of action to resolve problems within established project timeframes and administrative and technical requirements. May involve supervisor when dealing with non-routine issues to determine most appropriate course of action. Solves problems or limited complexity or refers to appropriate skilled technicians.
Attention to Detail
Follows instructions through standard work-orders for assigned tasks. Performs routine or repetitious tasks completely and accurately. Checks work for mistakes before completion of tasks. Compares finished work to what is expected. Seeks approval of supervisor based upon complexity of task completed.
Coordination - Work
Understands objectives and priorities related to activities and tasks in order to follow plans and scheduled projects. Recognizes and obtains required equipment, materials, and tools that are needed to do the job. Accomplishes tasks within established timeframes. Understands obstacles/roadblocks, by following prescribed processes to ensure timely task accomplishment.
Open Date 07/14/2017
Close Date 07/28/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 61
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu