Staff - Project Manager - Associate Degree Nursing (Project HEAL2) (Full-time Temporary)
The Project Manager – Associate Degree Nursing coordinates a pre-nursing instructional program with various project activities at three independent school districts (ISD) including, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD, South Texas ISD, and La Joya ISD for the South Texas College’s Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. Collaborates with designated project staff at Doctor’s Hospital at Renaissance and works with the Region One Education Service Center (ESC) Project HEAL2 project staff to effectively manage and implement all activities required of South Texas College’s contractual agreement for services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective leadership and coordination for Project HEAL2.
- Serves as the grant liaison with the assigned director for each school district, ADN program, and participating agencies.
- Responsible for management and monitoring of the budget.
- Successfully develops, implements, and operationalizes projects, strategies, and activities that are included as part of the contractual agreement.
- Develops and oversees the project tracking system and deliverables timeline in order to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Collaborates with assigned directors for each district, ADN program, and participating agencies to track project deliverables and assures their quality.
- Ensures and monitors timely activities and strategies of each participating agency outlined in the plan.
- Develops reports of program progress and student success indicators in collaboration with each participating agency and in collaboration with the Research and Analytical Services department.
- Collaborates with clerical staff to prepare and manage all expenditures in compliance with project requirements.
- Prepares periodic reports and presentations, including monthly and weekly activity reports.
- Evaluates and assesses all project outcomes and implements changes and interventions as necessary to achieve project outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other allied health fields required.
- At least three (3) years of experience with grants, preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a higher education institution, preferred.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Current Texas RN license, preferred.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
- Standing particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
- Mobility to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement:
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”