The Admissions Counselor helps prospective students make a connection to the College. S/he works with individuals of all ages in helping them understand their opportunities and pathway to graduation.
The Admissions Counselor is an upbeat and positive person as s/he serves as the face of a continually growing and dynamic organization. This is a rewarding job that is located in Sheridan with opportunities to network throughout the region.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required by the Position:
- Recruitment methods for various target markets
- Excellent human relations, customer service and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Analysis and problem solving using creativity, good judgment and initiative
- Sensitivity to and respect for the various populations we serve
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid driver’s license required; must be insurable and eligible to qualify to drive a college vehicle
- Experience working with individuals of all ages preferred
- Experience in college admissions preferred
- Community college experience preferred
- Experience giving presentations to groups of various sizes
- Experience with MS Office Suite and CRM tools
- Experience working collaboratively with a variety of constituencies ranging from community members, schools and college students to faculty, staff and families
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes campus sites in Buffalo, Wyoming and its Spear-O-Wigwam Mountain Campus in the Big Horn Mountains.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu