This position will report to the Associate Director, Enterprise Systems. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to provide production support for the Human Capital Management business processes. The Business Analyst understands the customer’s business requirements and business process management.
The Business Analyst will also utilize business and technical expertise to provide production support for the full suite of Workday applications and related systems under the direction of the Associate Director.
The incumbent interacts with staff in IT Services, human resources, procurement, payroll, grants, campus development, finance and accounting, auxiliary operations and some student support areas.
- The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to provide production support for the Human Capital Management business processes.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business process issues involving HR (HCM), finance, payroll, grants, business assets, procurement, and student support services. Ensure that these business processes comply with state and federal policies and regulations.
- Assist with testing, reporting, documentation, security administration and enhancement/system updates.
- Assist with functional Regression Test updates.
- Assist with the design and execution of the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Identify Workday usage problems, and communicate the matter to Workday, the Functional Team or the IT Team as appropriate. Monitor the situation until the solutions designed truly meet the needs and expectations of users.
- Pay keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective.
- Be able to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
- Handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Document the acquired results of analysis and workflow levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Assist with facilitating working sessions for testing, validation, evaluating new applications and functions, and determining issues related to services and software.
- Assist with managing change requests.
- Conduct business needs analysis.
- Other duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Problem-Solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Documentation and specification skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have Relationship-Building Skills and good inter-personal skills.
- Flexibility and creativity in delivering objectives.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to be highly organized and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Have work experience and understanding of both data and business process flow, automating complex parameters, systems scripting, and ERP security administration.
- Must have solid business analysis skill with documented relevant business and technical experience.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes-ambiguous work situations.
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- 2+ years of experience with technical implementations of ERP projects.
- Good understanding of business process design and architecture, user administration, general data networking, general data structures, scripting, and security configuration.
- Experience in moving software updates and patch releases from lower sandbox environments to production environments.
- Experience providing support and trouble-shooting issues related to functionality, user security, testing, scripting and use case scenarios.
- Ability to use basic tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $55,390 - $61,750 Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.