Assistant Director of Advancement Services
• Works as part of an integrated team to establish overall goals and strategies for increasing private support to the University.
• Directs staff in the timeliness and accuracy of gift receipts to donors, as well as benchmarks and reports on gift receipting production in accordance with IRS and CASE standards.
• Manages daily functions of the Advancement Services office and provides professional support to the staff in implementing financial processes, special events, prospect management, donor recognition, donor stewardship and other related activities, database management, donor history, and financial reports.
• Assists in segmentation and list development for Advancement communications.
• Works in conjunction with Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Services to track all endowments (scholarships and other) and reports earnings and award status to donors.
• Supports advancement staff fundraising activities related to major gifts, planned gifts and corporate and foundation philanthropy and participates in the cultivation of gift prospects when appropriate.
• Facilitates access and provides training on the University's fundraising database to other members of the University's staff.
• Develops detailed gift reports for Advancement, Finance, and other parties as determined by the Vice President of Advancement.
• Directs and maintains a comprehensive and accurate fundraising database to include all alumni records and all past and prospective donors.
• Directs and manages procedures and documentation for gift receipting, and all day to day functions of the Advancement Services office.
• Communicates donor wishes and requirements for all fund expenditures.
• Work with Finance Department to reconcile monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
• Prepares and submits figures on behalf of Husson University to the annual VSE Survey.
• Position requires some travel and a commitment to working some evenings and weekends.• Experience managing complex relational databases.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with Blackbaud/Raisers Edge a plus
• Bachelors degree required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.