Coordinator of Health Education and Promotion (1744)
Serve as coordinator of Health Education and Promotion. Develop, implement and coordinate health promotion programs and services targeting individuals, groups, communities and the campus/community environment. Participate in assessment, strategic planning, development of policy and procedures, and identification of grant opportunities and funding sources. Develop and oversee a peer mentoring program.
- Plan and implement health promotion programs and services on the following topics - suicide prevention, sexual assault and informed consent and alcohol and other drugs ( in collaboration with coordinator AOD services and education)
- Develop, implement and analyze periodic student health assessments.
- Hire, train, manage, supervise and evaluate student staff, interns, and peer educators.
- Identify and apply for grant opportunities and funding sources.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on and off campus.
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Master's or advanced degree in health education, health promotion, public health, college student affairs, or related discipline preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years health education/promotion experience; supervisory experience overseeing entry-level employees, interns, practicum students, and volunteers preferred. Expertise in issues related to sexual assault and bystander intervention, mental health issues, suicide prevention, smoking cessation, and alcohol and other drugs, sexual health.
Knowledge and Skills: Must have superior computer skills (experience with III's Millennium preferred), excellent organization and communication skills, and attention to detail is required. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity addressing issues of concern facing students from diverse backgrounds in higher education, as well as demonstrated level of cultural competence.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE