Imaging Technician (1743)
This is a Local 153 Grade A Union position
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs printers, copiers, scanners, binders and other production equipment such as cameras, lights and tripods.
- Coordinates and maintains projector, laptop reservations and other faculty photo-production equipment requests.
- Oversees, maintains and carries out regular inspection of all equipment in Imaging.
- Oversees Imaging inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Carries out established and scheduled weekly maintenance procedure for the upkeep of all equipment, software, reference-guides and order-forms.
- Maintains color calibration of all computer monitors, projectors and printers.
- Trains work-study staff in the use of the Laser System, Graphics Application Software, Book Binding, Laser Printing and Inkjet Printing.
- Assists with start-of-semester Imaging orientation and demos of all equipment in the facility.
- Assists faculty with A/V technical demonstrations and preparation of course materials.
- Handles all Perfect-Binding and custom-paper print-orders.
- Assists with set-up of department events such as Lecture series, Halloween, Survey, Open House, Accepted Students Day and Pratt Show.
- Assists with photographing the annual Halloween costume competition.
- Collects, resizes and submits files to annual Competitions like Society of Illustrators, Fish's Eddy, American Illustration, One Show, D&AD, Art Directors Club and Type Director's Club.
- Stays abreast with new and changing technologies.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
Education: Two years of college or equivalent is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred
Experience: One year related experience as well as thorough knowledge of Macintosh operating system and graphics application software.
Skills: Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop), digital photography, color calibration and studio lighting. Experience with motion graphics, interactive technologies as well as video recording and transcription is a plus.
Customer-service oriented. Above average written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have a commitment to students and their educational needs. Some lifting and equipment-installation involved. Willingness to work flexible hours over some weekends. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, as well as demonstrate inter-cultural competence with an understanding of the dynamics of diversity in higher education.
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.