Field Service Technician/Mechanic #16-0119
Yancey Bros. Co. is seeking a Machine Field Service Technician that is responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs on customer's equipment in the field. Candidates must furnish their own tools, be able to operate industry associated heavy equipment, and complete all assigned work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in required safety program and work in a safe manner.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on Heavy Equipment.
- Source and order parts as needed.
- Determine extend of necessary repairs including identifying major powertrain overhaul needs and prepare orders for required services.
- Proper use of diagnostic equipment.
- Repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
- Complete all work orders (including warranty information) and time sheets in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
- Operate equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Must work overtime on short notice.
- Maintain service vehicle inspection records, daily inspections and driver logs as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Must keep truck and equipment clean and presenting the best impression possible to the public.
- Photograph equipment when necessary.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of complex hydraulics, electrical, computer and mechanical systems, arc and oxygen acetylene welding, test equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment and electronic components of vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust, and repair malfunctions; follow oral and written instructions; read and understand operators and repair manuals; work cooperatively with others; work with minimal supervision and keep all required records.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information from schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctions, follow oral and written instructions, read and understand operator and technical manuals.
- Basic computer skills (Windows based programs and email).
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record according to company standards.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in the field.
- Skilled in basic computer application programs.
Since 1914, Yancey Bros. Co. has been marketing, selling, and servicing the most recognizable brands in the world. Founded in 1914 by brothers Goodloe and Earle Yancey, we have exclusively represented Caterpillar products in the state of Georgia since 1918, making Yancey Bros. Co. Nation Oldest Caterpillar Dealer. Our Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Division sells, rents, services, and supports products such as bulldozers, loaders, excavators, and backhoes. Our Power Systems Division sells, services, and supports Cat marine engines, power generation equipment, and industrial engines product lines. The Cat Rental Store opened in 1997 and continues to provide Caterpillar full line of construction and building equipment to customers, as well as sales and rentals of a large variety of non-Caterpillar equipment, ranging from dump trucks to aerial lifts.
In 2005, Yancey Power Systems established Yancey Engineered Solutions to provide specialized services to customers purchasing power units from Caterpillar Griffin, GA Engine manufacturing facility. This division serves customers around the globe as a supplier of sound-attenuated packaging, testing and design solutions, and engineering services for most makes and models of power generation units. In 2007, Blue Bird Bus Corporation announced Yancey as their exclusive dealer for school bus sales, parts, and factory-supported service for Georgia and Alabama. Yancey Bus Sales and Service provides an extensive line of parts and aftermarket services for school buses of all makes and models, including Carrier air conditioning for school buses.
Yancey has over 30 convenient locations, more than 1000 employees, and is one of the largest and oldest family-owned companies in the state of Georgia. From our earliest days to the present, Yancey Bros. Co. has striven to offer the highest level of customer dedicated products and services available. At Yancey, we are committed to hiring and retaining the best and brightest employees in the industry. The combination of a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with top notch training and advancement opportunities, make Yancey Bros. Co. an employer of choice in the region. Whether pursuing a career as an equipment Technician, in sales or management, or a corporate support position, there is an opportunity to grow and develop at Yancey Bros. Co.
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/yancey.bros.co/
Visit us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/yancey-bros--co-?trk=top_nav_home
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:49:44 PDT