Parking Services Assistant
Parking Services Assistant
Department: Parking Services
This is a temporary, non-benefit based position with an assignment end date of December 31, 2017.
Perform a variety of duties within the Department of Parking Services Office. Educate on all parking rules and regulations throughout the USD campus. Provide excellent customer services to all students, employees, and guests. Provide information and assistance to patrons as needed; operates portable radios and electronic ticket writers. Provide field assistance that may include, but is not limited to, parking enforcement, kiosk coverage, cone and barricade placement and removal, and responding to reserved space holder complaints/requests. Assist with office duties such as answering phones, walk in customer questions, sell permits, and answer emails. This position operates under the immediate supervision of the Parking Services Supervisor. This position provides some oversight and training for parking enforcers, kiosk and office workers used by the department.
Examples of Work:
• Kiosk Greeter
• 1 year of Parking operations preferred.
• 1 year of customer service experience required.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Must be an outgoing professional with a great work ethic
• Ability to set priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of activities or job duties.
• Ability to initiate and complete various projects with minimal supervision.
•Provide general campus information and assistance to the University students, staff, faculty, administrators, and guests; handle parking and traffic complaints and concerns of campus community and guests with tact and diplomacy.
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively; possess excellent interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy to work with a diverse campus community, including parents, students, trustees, administrators, staff employees, guests, and vendors; possess skills in conflict resolution, decision-making, and implementation skills.
•Ability to remain calm under pressure; think clearly and logically using sound judgment; ability to multi-task as necessary.
• Must have excellent knowledge and understanding of and respect for the confidentiality of the Parking Rules & Regulations and practices.
• Communicate effectively with coworkers, University employees and all other work related staff members.
• Demonstrate integrity, dependability, team building, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to work in an ever-changing environment; flexibility.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Must be punctual and have a high level of dependability.
• Maintain a clean and professional appearance, as outlined in the Parking Services Assistant Uniform Description.
Excellent skills in the use of specific equipment and tools as identified below.
• Assist Parking Services Coordinator, Supervisor, and/or Manager with miscellaneous projects pertaining to parking needs.
Special Conditions of Employment
•Must be able to work a varied hourly schedule including days, evenings, and weekends, including occasional overtime as needed.
Tools and Equipment Used
• Must be comfortable driving a golf cart. Enforcers will utilize the Motorola Handheld citation writer, Data O'Neil wireless printer, and 2-way radio, NuPark parking software. Personal computer will also be used for signing in and out of shift, as well as completing a timecard each day. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Word, and Outlook.
•The employee will frequently walk, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to handle/feel or operate objects, tools, and controls, and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• The employee will lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
• The employee must be able to see closely and be able to adjust focus for use of computer and distance visibility.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $13.50 per hour
Hours: 1-25 hours per week
Closing date: July 25, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.