RETINA PRACTICE-Union, NJ
NJ Retina is currently seeking a Billing Manager.
Billing Manger Job Responsibilities:
The Billing Manager is a newly created position that requires a seasoned billing professional and an effective communicator. The position requires a team builder/unifier who has the proven ability to engage with the staff in a collaborative and supportive manner. The individual is responsible for implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining an effective billing processes. This position reports to the Director of Revenue Cycle and requires collaboration with the Director. This position also requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and manage the department.
Billing Manager Job Duties:
- Oversee and streamline billing and collections processes.
- Oversee and handle insurance carrier issues and insurance/patient refund requests.
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes.
- Billing planning and implementation using AthenaHealth Medical billing software.
- Supervisory responsibilities might include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning.
- Develops and coaches team members; Team building.
- Experience in managing Front/ Back office.
- Revenue Cycle management (RCM).
- Attend and participate in NJ Retina and payer meetings / seminars as needed.
Billing Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Certified Professional Coder certification (CPC)-AAPC.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- 3-5 years medical billing experience with knowledge of Ophthalmology.
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department.
- Ability to interface with management/physicians and co-workers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills.
- Auditing Skills.
- Microsoft Office, Proficiency in Excel.
- Internet based Billing and EMR systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/business management required.
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At NJ Retina, our vision is clear-to provide the most advanced and compassionate care for our patients. Our physicians have outstanding professional credentials and are recognized for their expertise in diagnosing and treating the full range of retina disorders. Because many of our physicians are sub specialists with advanced training in a specific are of the eye care, it is likely that your general eye care provider referred you to us. At NJ Retina, you have easy access to our entire team of specialist and sub-specialists should you require additional vision care.
NJ Retina's staff is made up of individuals dedicated to providing patients with world-class treatment for retinal and vitreous disorders in a state-of-the-art , safe and comfortable atmosphere.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:41:22 PDT