Public Address Announcer
Duties and responsibilites include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Experience in any/all of the following:
• Serve as an announcer for various sports events
• Familiarity with/ability to learn sports statistics software (i.e., Presto, Stat Crew)
• Flexibility to work events (nights and weekends)
• Experience with a variety of microphone systems
• Experience with broadcasting live events or covering event play-by-play action
• Familiarity with social media
• Creative work for marketing including web, print, and electronic outlets, publications, programs, recruiting materials
• Organizational skills to keep public information current (i.e., game results, recognition and awards, schedules)
• Ability to show up at events at least 30 minutes in advance and help with postgame breakdown
• Speak clearly and announce/pronounce complex names
• Must be comfortable with speaking/announcing to crowds
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required
Experience: Work experience in at least one of the following areas is required: sports information, sports journalism, prior experience as a sports PA announcer, play by play announcer, or tv/radio announcer. Experience with but not required for the following sports: football, soccer, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, lacrosse, baseball and softball.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: A pleasant voice, calm attitude, descriptive ability, good vision and the ability to present an unbiased perspective.
Must possess attention to detail and adhere to deadlines. Must also have the ability to manage time and positively interact with others.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Will require working nights and weekends. Will work both indoor and outdoor events in all weather conditions.