Sports Information Coordinator (Full-Time, 10 Mths Position)
Under moderate supervision and with moderate latitude for independent judgment, the Sports Information Coordinator (SIC) leads the marketing and communication efforts in support of Pratt Institute Athletics. The SIC develops strategies and implements tactics to build campus spirit and grow visibility of the athletic department and individual teams. The SIC is responsible for driving all marketing tactics related to athletics: web site, social media, video, live game broadcasts, programs, and providing information to media outlets. The Athletics and Recreation Department is committed to providing a wide range of activities and services that assist Pratt students of various backgrounds and abilities in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Administer all aspects of a sports information program for each intercollegiate sport
- Game-Day Statistics and Record Keeping for all sports
- Ensure compliance with all necessary HVIAC and NCAA reporting requirements for statistics and other reporting pertinent data
- Capture all necessary individual and team statistical data for Pratt teams and their opponents and disseminate them through regular sports information channels
- Drive the Pratt Athletics web site with timely, well written, and creative photographic and video content. Ensure up-to-date information including the latest scores
- Create well written, creative game stories/summaries for various media outlets
- Oversee and manage live streaming and webcasting coverage of athletic events
- Provide game preview and alumni and student athlete profiles for the program as needed
- Maintains professional and strong relationships with the local, regional and national media and promote and suggest feature stories and ideas to position Pratt Athletics as a leader
- Establish and maintain credible relations with various news media and other collegiate sports information offices
- Organize Picture Day for each team, and coordinate all photography related to the Athletic Department
- Be a positive team player, actively support and promote the philosophy, goals, and priorities of the Director of Athletics and Pratt Institute
- Some budgetary responsibility
- Evening and weekend work will be required depending on the games schedules
- Oversee and Coordinate athletic team schedules
- Maintain contracts for all home athletic contests
- Coordinate officials for all home athletic contests
- Collaborate with campus departments to increase campus interest and involvement of intercollegiate athletics
- Coordinate and execute end of year athletic banquet
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field and related athletic experience. Master's Degree preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years' experience in Sports Information.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work well in diverse environment.
Other: Valid NYS Driver's License.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE