University of Denver, the oldest and largest independent university in the Rocky Mountain Region, is located in the city of Denver, which is quickly becoming one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the U.S. Census data show that Denver's population includes 11.1% Black or African American, 31.7% Hispanic or Latino, 2.8% Asian American, and approximately 1% Native American residents. Situated in this vibrant metropolitan community, the University is committed to building and sustaining a culturally diverse faculty, staff, and student body. DU is a research university with high research activity and enrolls approximately 11,500 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and professional preparation programs (please visit http://www.du.edu). MCE is located in the new Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall, a 65,000 square foot complex providing a flexible, innovative, and multidisciplinary learning environment. The facility allows for ongoing dialogue with community, national, and global partners as we enter a transformational era in education. The facility features state-of-the-art technology including interactive white boards and flat-panel displays throughout, two TelePresence videoconferencing systems, and a Voice-over Internet Protocol (VOIP) integrated communications system.
The Technology Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity, reporting to the Technology and Website Manager. This position will support technology and audio visual (AV) needs at MCE, including desktop support for faculty and staff. The Technology Specialist will be responsible for AV equipment maintenance, operation, and upgrades at the college. This position will provide classroom technology support and training to faculty, staff, and students at the college for all instructional technologies and equipment. The Technology Specialist will also schedule and support all event related technologies for both internal and external clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of progressive work experience in AV and Technical Support.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the setup and operation of digital presentation (audio amplification, digital media, projection systems, data communications).
- Considerable experience effectively communicating complex, technical concepts and information to a wide range of users.
- Ability to work with a variety of people with diverse backgrounds, skill levels, and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning environments.
- Demonstrated technology experience in a college or university environment.
- Experience with SMART and Promethean learning technologies.
- Experience with Crestron AV systems.
- Ability to work with faculty and higher education staff.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.