EPG Field Service Technician #16-0057
This position is responsible for field service support of our Caterpillar EPG (Electric Power Generation) Product line. Duties will include the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of engine and electrical related systems, EPG start-up of generators, transfer switches, UPS, and switchgear systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a neat and orderly manner, maintaining a safe work environment and a constant focus on completing the task at hand safely.
- Proficiently and accurately perform maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on Caterpillar and other makes of power generation equipment. Provide recommendations for repairs and make all critical engine repairs and adjustments.
- Conducts generator pre-start, start-up and commissioning in accordance with the Caterpillar Application and Installation guide or similar manufacturers publication.
- Cares for and maintains company machines/equipment to the highest standards, and ensures co-workers are doing the same.
- Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed.
- Write full reports on findings from field service events with clear, concise and detailed information.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and interoffice personnel on the status of the maintenance and/or repairs.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required depending on customer needs & fluctuating workloads, also need to be available for after-hours calls as needed.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Five (5) years of EPG field experience or accepted alternate
- EGSA Certification Desired
- Technical Degree or Certification a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and equipment mechanical drawings
- Experience with Diesel and Natural Gas Engines, Electrical Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches, Power Distribution Systems, and UPS
- Excellent working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls, and fuel systems.
- Excellence at managing Customer relationships
- High level of responsiveness, and a strong proactive attitude to problem solving
- Committed to Quality and a high level attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Since 1914, Yancey Bros. Co. has been marketing, selling, and servicing the most recognizable brands in the world. Founded in 1914 by brothers Goodloe and Earle Yancey, we have exclusively represented Caterpillar products in the state of Georgia since 1918, making Yancey Bros. Co. Nation Oldest Caterpillar Dealer. Our Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Division sells, rents, services, and supports products such as bulldozers, loaders, excavators, and backhoes. Our Power Systems Division sells, services, and supports Cat marine engines, power generation equipment, and industrial engines product lines. The Cat Rental Store opened in 1997 and continues to provide Caterpillar full line of construction and building equipment to customers, as well as sales and rentals of a large variety of non-Caterpillar equipment, ranging from dump trucks to aerial lifts.
In 2005, Yancey Power Systems established Yancey Engineered Solutions to provide specialized services to customers purchasing power units from Caterpillar Griffin, GA Engine manufacturing facility. This division serves customers around the globe as a supplier of sound-attenuated packaging, testing and design solutions, and engineering services for most makes and models of power generation units. In 2007, Blue Bird Bus Corporation announced Yancey as their exclusive dealer for school bus sales, parts, and factory-supported service for Georgia and Alabama. Yancey Bus Sales and Service provides an extensive line of parts and aftermarket services for school buses of all makes and models, including Carrier air conditioning for school buses.
Yancey has over 30 convenient locations, more than 1000 employees, and is one of the largest and oldest family-owned companies in the state of Georgia. From our earliest days to the present, Yancey Bros. Co. has striven to offer the highest level of customer dedicated products and services available. At Yancey, we are committed to hiring and retaining the best and brightest employees in the industry. The combination of a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with top notch training and advancement opportunities, make Yancey Bros. Co. an employer of choice in the region. Whether pursuing a career as an equipment Technician, in sales or management, or a corporate support position, there is an opportunity to grow and develop at Yancey Bros. Co.
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/yancey.bros.co/
Visit us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/yancey-bros--co-?trk=top_nav_home
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:10:23 PDT