Business Assistant (Part-time)
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: BUSBU
- Job Type: Part-time
- Hours: Approximately 10 hours per week
- Schedule: TBD based on campus need, includes nights and weekends
- Position Location: Concord Campus
The Business Assistant is responsible for providing IT, administrative, general office, and light housekeeping support to the faculty, students and staff on evenings and Saturdays/Sundays when classes/sessions are in progress. The Business Assistant acts as a representative of the University providing excellent customer service. This position assists the Concord Campus full-time staff in the operations oversight of the campus during scheduled hours.
- Start computers in all related classrooms prior to the beginning of each class and ensure that computers and related IT equipment are operational.
- Set-up technology and presentation equipment in classrooms as requested.
- Breakdown technology and presentation set-ups at the end of the day store and secure, as required.
- Provide IT assistance throughout the day as needed.
- Greet students at the Bay Path University student entrance prior to the start of each class.
- Ensure all students, staff and faculty have left the building before leaving.
- Lock-up classrooms and equipment as necessary during class time and at the end of the class session.
- Ensure outside doors are locked at designated time.
- Provide excellent customer service to students and faculty.
- Answer phones and assist callers in a professional manner. Record and deliver accurate and complete phone messages in a timely manner.
- Photocopy documents (some confidential information) as needed.
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a professional and empathetic manner. Refer students to proper resources as needed.
- Serve as liaison between BPU-Concord and BPU-Longmeadow when facilities and technology issues arise.
- Light housekeeping including, but not limited to: emptying trash receptacles, disposal of trash into proper external receptacles, vacuuming, light mopping, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, washing down whiteboards and tables, and general upkeep to ensure clean office/classroom environment.
- Must be willing to drive, locally, for pick up or delivery of materials, food or other University related items.
- Complete administrative tasks requested by University staff.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Be able to respond to emergency procedures, if needed.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends, Saturday's required.
- Willingness to be alone in building.
- Willingness to conduct light housekeeping responsibilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot IT issues related to computer hardware and software, as well as presentation equipment.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve.
- Able to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Ability to be on time for scheduled work shifts.
- Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.