Academic and Web Technologist
Academic Technology Center
Summary of the Position
The ideal candidate will assist faculty in all aspects of courseware development and in the identification, selection and integration of appropriate instructional, research and web and research technologies as well as managing the work of student staff hired to help develop and implement web application projects. He or she will work primarily with faculty to determine the best use of technology in a given disciplinary area for both research projects and integration into the curriculum. He or she will also be responsible for using UX design principles for designing, enhancing, and implementing a diverse set of academic websites including but not limited to department website, Bentley's Online Learning web presence, the Bentley Library website and its corresponding catalog site. Knowledge of project management is strongly preferred.
- Assist faculty in the selection and integration of appropriate instructional, research and web and research technologies by implementing web-based tools and applications. Includes identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing appropriate web-based and off-the-shelf instructional and research technologies.
- Research, test, implement, and write tutorials for business applications used for instruction or research. Design and deliver technology workshops to faculty.
- Assist with the ongoing planning, development, and implementation of an institution-wide information architecture to support academic technology initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, instructional design, educational technology, or related field required.
-3+ years of working with web technology platforms (preferably in an academic setting working with faculty).
- Must have broad experience in the selection, development, and use of instructional technology, especially that used in a business school environment.
- Broad technical skills, and experience in the selection, development, and use of instructional and research technologies (hardware and software) is required.
- A background with business and technology is helpful, as are any technical certifications.
and research mission.
- Project Management Skills
- 2+ years college-level teaching experience in a business school environment
- Master's degree in business administration, information design, or education technology
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, instructional design, educational technology, or related field?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.