Technology Support Director (IT Generalist)
employment type: full-time
One of Chicagoland's largest and most admired residential real estate companies, Berkshire Hathaway Starck Real Estate, is looking for a Full-Time Technology Support Director who is motivated, passionate about technology and innovation, service-oriented, possesses a positive, can-do attitude. The Technology Support Director position is a pivotal role within our organization and requires the successful candidate to possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and an outstanding attention to detail. The Technology Support Director will need to be capable of interacting effectively with our brokers, employees, and vendors. This person is expected to be hands-on with the day to day IT/IS activity, setting up and executing the process and strategy for current and future IT/IS initiatives, and is ultimately responsible for supporting IT needs of our real estate brokers and employees to maximize their success.
Berkshire Hathaway Starck Real Estate has served the real estate needs of the Chicagoland area since 1960, and is in the top 1% of all real estate companies in the United States. Our entire 56+ year existence has been spent building our well-known reputation for integrity, trustworthiness, and service. We've grown to 15 office locations spanning 6 counties throughout Chicagoland, and have been family-owned for 3 generations. We are a character-driven organization and believe in the highest standards of integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior.
- Manage IT/IS functions, and assist in the strategic IT/IS direction for the company.
- Research, recommend and implement enhancements to current IT/IS systems.
- Develop and execute new system implementation and migration strategies.
- Engage, monitor, and work alongside vendors to accomplish goals as needed.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting of PC workstations, mobile devices (Android and iOS), various network hardware, and assorted peripherals, company-wide.
- Manage projects and tasks on time, and within budget.
- Configure and prep all system hardware and software for computer workstations.
- Provide in-person, remote, and/or telephone technology support to research and resolve technology problems and questions.
- Prioritize, log and track all technology support calls and requests through to their resolution and completion. Clearly communicate resolution to involved parties.
- Create and maintain IT documentation for the department
- Maintain IT device security by applying security patches and updates as needed
- Notify management of all significant events that will or may result in a dissatisfied user, system outage, breach of company computer policies, virus problem, or other related technology misconduct.
- Maintain a proactive, positive relationship with user population in the corporate and branch offices.
- Onboard new employees
- Assistance with SEO/SEM and other web-based initiatives.
- Develop new and update existing policies/instructions/best practices/tip sheets for users.
- Assist in training, education, and overall communications.
- Perform server operating system and application administration duties including but not limited to adding/delete users, creating and managing groups and group membership, system security, installing files, etc.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring system updates, backups and minor restores.
- Some basic VoIP system responsibilities.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, Server OS, and MS Office software
- Extensive experience with both Android and iOS devices
- Experience administering Active Directory users and groups
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior training/teaching experience
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all circumstances
- Must own a reliable car for use in traveling to branch offices and some transporting of equipment
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience.
- Real Estate experience a plus.
Please respond via email, with resume and salary history attached.
Berkshire Hathaway Starck Real Estate has served the real estate needs of the greater Chicagoland area since 1960, and has been family-owned for 3 generations. We've grown to 16 offices and over 425+ Brokers, and are in the top 1% of all real estate companies in the United States. We are a character-driven organization and believe in the highest standards of integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior.
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:48:12 PDT