Customer Service Representative, GWorld
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
GWorld Card Program is within the Division of Operations. The Customer Service Representative, GWorld position interacts on a daily basis with the GW community of faculty, students, staff, and vendors. This position reports to the Assistant Director of the GWorld Card Program. More specifically the Customer Service Representative will:
• Provides Tier-1 support for the campus GWorld card system and Student Parking requests by addressing customer trouble calls, emails and office visits as well as provide student parking permit sales and registration, and troubleshoots student, faculty, staff, and affiliate parking issues. Coordinates with Transportation and Parking Services to resolve escalated student parking requests. Serves as a conduit for all service issues relating to the GWorld Card Office activities as it pertains to campus operations.
• Provides clear and courteous communication of GWorld Cardholder Guidelines, GWorld/University policies and procedures to GWU students, faculty, staff and affiliates. Provides information regarding account policies and procedures, terms and programs related to customer service for students, parents, faculty, administrators, staff and affiliates of GW. Ensures highest level of customer satisfaction through efficient and effective resolution of cardholder requests for service, account transaction information within one business day. Notifies supervisors immediately of any customer issues or complaints that require additional attention and escalation of departmental access requests. Resolves service-related issues by offering mutually agreeable solutions; maintains close contact with customer to give updates on progress toward resolution of issues or service requests.
• Maintains an orderly well-organized physical environment within the GWorld Card Office. Properly files all documents, disposes of or shreds all damaged/expired cards and printer materials, and ensures appropriate supply levels of all materials and forms.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of office special events, setup and staffing of annual carding event(s), as well as other office promotions and programs. Represents the office at university events and on university committees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Familiarity with personal computers, word processing, and database software.
Knowledge of campus card systems is preferred.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Operations Family Finance and Business Sub-Family Customer Service Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: M-F 8:30-6:00pm; Some occasional Saturday and Sunday hours. Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006483 Job Open Date: 07/13/2017 Job Close Date: 07/27/2017 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter