Senior Research Assistant
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
The Department of Health Policy at the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is seeking a Senior Research Assistant. The Senior Research Assistant would support research projects relating to health equity, primary care, and health care workforce. Candidates should possess skills in background and policy research, synthesis of background information, data entry, a careful attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel, are important, along with a willingness to assist colleagues with newsletter development and social media a plus.
• Provide background research and synthesize health equity, policy, and workforce data
• Develop curricula for residential and off campus 2-3 week health policy sessions with research team
• Provide administrative support in planning residential and off campus health policy sessions
• Coordinate communications (newsletters, blogs, and social media) with research team
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
A BA/BS in related discipline and 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Work experience in the field of health policy or in a related area;
• strong overall computer skills, particularly in Excel and Word;
• excellent communication, analytic organizational skills;
• ability to manage complex workload;
• sharp attention to details and capacity to deliver quality work product within deadlines; self-starter, with ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
• interest in standard concepts, practices and procedures within health policy and public health.
• BA/BS in related discipline is required plus 1-3 years in the field or in a related area
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: 9:00am-5:30pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? Posting Number: R000308 Job Open Date: 07/13/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).