Director of Ticketing - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700425)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Director of Ticketing. 12 Month service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for all aspects of ticketing with primary responsibility for the area of football
• Oversee athletic ticketing for football
• Responsible for set-up on Paciolan ticketing systems, weekly sales reports, printing and distribution of season and single game tickets, and day-to-day operation for football
• Prepare and keep records for NCAA, Big Ten, and UI audits, which include ticket sales, complimentary tickets, parking and ticket stock inventory for football
• Serve as primary ticket office liaison to the I-Fund Office, regarding all donor seating requests, donations, questions/problems, etc.
• Prepare, organize, oversee and reconcile player guest, recruiting, and high school coaches tickets for football
• Work closely with marketing, sponsorship and media relations offices regarding football tickets requests for sponsors, game day promotions and media
• Work closely with the Ticket Sales Team to fulfill orders and provide assistance with sales lead generation
• Responsible for game day staffing and management at home events
• Handle complimentary admissions at away, neutral site, and post season contests as needed
• Liaison to other assistant manager for Olympic sports
• Assist in the management of part time/student staffing, including daily and event staffing
• Supervisory oversight, including hiring, scheduling, assessing work load, providing feedback on quality of work
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules as they related to this position is required
Bachelor's degree in athletic administration or related field required
At least 1 year experience in accounting and/or sports management
Experience in Ticket Office operations preferred. Knowledge of Paciolan computer system and use of spreadsheet and word processing software desired. Knowledge of contract requirements (TV, radio, non-conference allotments) for assigned sports preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by July 27, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Jason Heggemeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director of Ticketing - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700425)
Open Date: 07/13/2017
Close Date: 07/27/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics