Director of Ticketing, State Farm Center - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Director of Ticketing. 12 Month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Responsible for direct solicitation and stewardship of all I FUND Donors and Season Ticket Holders, direct all accounting and business activities within ticket office, oversee all ticketing for State Farm Center concerts and special events, maintain and administer the complimentary ticket tax procedures and documentation, and assist in the day to day operations of the ticket office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Engage and interact with existing and potential I FUND donors and season ticket holders to cultivate ticket-related gifts.
2. Allocate I FUND priority seating requests.
3. Fulfill donor related benefits for season ticket holders, including allocation and distribution of priority parking passes.
4. Knowledge of the Ticket Office and departmental policy and procedures.
5. Review, edit, and modify documents as needed.
6. Accompany the Associate Athletic Director for ticketing and/or attend meetings as requested.
7. Serve as liaison between Associate Athletic Director for Ticketing and I-Fund and Athletic Business Office as assigned.
8. Serve as liaison between Associate Athletic Director for Ticketing and customers as assigned.
9. Communicate on a regular basis with staff and Associate Athletic Director for Ticketing.
10. Instruct and answer questions for temporary or seasonal employees.
1. Prepare, correspond with, and process all I-Fund ticket requests and inquiries.
2. Prepare, correspond with, and process all I-Fund parking requests and inquiries.
3. Assist in allocation of season ticket locations for all I-Fund members and season ticket holders.
4. Assist in allocation of season parking passes for all I-Fund members and season ticket holders.
5. Serve as primary ticket office liaison for ticketed State Farm Center concerts and special events. Oversee athletic ticketing for other various events, such as IHSA wrestling and IHSA football
6. Initiate and prepare the daily deposit of all ticket office revenues.
7. Reconcile daily ticket sales to ensure placement of revenue into proper university accounts.
8. Supervise and maintain the reconciliation of all departmental complimentary ticket requests.
9. Prepare periodic reports listing all complimentary ticket requests, as well as the taxable benefit received by each recipient.
10. Work closely with the Athletic Business Office to identify any tax-related issues regarding the issuance of complimentary tickets.
11. Prepare and coordinate all entry of ticket orders via mail and fax.
12. Prepare weekly attendance reports for all sales and attendance figures for assigned sports.
13. Responsible for set-up of Paciolan system for assigned sports.
14. Assist in compliance of complimentary admissions.
15. Assist with game management at home events and other venues.
16. Set-up and printing of renewal applications as assigned.
17. Assist in coordinating ticket printing and customer mailing for assigned sports.
18. Handle complimentary admissions at away games when needed (compliance, coordination, and administration) as assigned.
19. Supervise the reconciliation of gate receipts from athletic events for assigned sports.
20. Keep records and prepare reports for NCAA settlements, Big Ten and University auditors.
21. Maintain working knowledge of the NCAA and Big Ten guidelines regarding athletic ticketing.
22. Set up reports and generate on Paciolan as requested.
23. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor's degree in athletic administration or related field required.
At least 1 year experience in accounting and/or sports management
Experience in Ticket Office operations preferred. Knowledge of Paciolan computer system and use of spreadsheet and word processing software desired. Knowledge of contract requirements (TV, radio, non-conference allotments) for assigned sports preferred.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As negotiated after completion of search.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by July 27, 2017. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jason Heggemeyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may take place before closing date but no selection will be made until after the closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director of Ticketing, State Farm Center - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Open Date: 07/13/2017
Close Date: 07/27/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics